Diversity - Safe Zone
Fora Health remains committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion by addressing disparities that prevent the implementation of just and equitable care to marginalized communities.
As an organization, we continue to listen and take action to bring about equitable change and work diligently to integrate cultural responsiveness into our organization. The time for change is now and uncomfortable times call for uncomfortable conversations. Fora Health is steadfast on advancing the narrative through listening to historically neglected communities, by engaging in bold dialogue, and taking tangible action.
How we are turning words into action:
- We have contracted with a DEI consultant to audit our internal policies, procedures, practices, and culture. This will assist us with our mandate to instill lasting DEI principles throughout the agency.
- We have hired an Equity Programs Manager; this key position leads and integrates our DEI committee, strengthening our trauma informed and culturally specific patient programming across all service areas, and fostering relationships with our BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ community to ensure their experiences are leveraged.
- Our Hillsboro clinic has opened an outpatient medical program that offers medications to treat substance use disorders to individuals in Washington county. The program is particularly interested in serving the needs of the Latinx community and is staffed by bilingual and bicultural professionals. We are committed to hiring culturally and linguistically diverse professionals to ensure that Fora Health is a place they can thrive.
- We have incorporated qualitative and quantitative measures within our clinical program to keep us accountable and ensure our services are equitable.
- We actively recruit diverse candidates for all positions with emphasis on career advancement into leadership roles.
- In addition to workshops and training, we require Fora Health staff to include a personal diversity goal in our annual goal setting process.
We recognize that meaningful DEI work will not happen overnight; we remain dedicated to building a culture where substance abuse and mental health treatment is accessible to all people. We will continue to perform the hard work needed to dismantle systems that create inequities and disparities, and to better support the communities that we serve.
Fora Health is an inclusive organization, and we respect and celebrate all aspects of people including race, ethnicity, cultural background, religion, biological sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, body shape and size, and physical or mental ability.
In treating the whole-person, Fora Health knows how important it is to provide an inclusive and safe care environment for all of our patients, staff and community members. We do not tolerate violence, harassment or hate speech of any kind. We strive to ensure that Fora Health is a place where anyone can heal and be fully self-expressed, without fear of being made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome or challenged; a place that guards each person’s self-respect, dignity and feelings.
Take the first step.
Making a change starts with a call. Are you ready to start the recovery journey? Call us today or request a call back at a time that’s convenient.